THE OBJECTIONS OF THE ASSOCIATION ARE:
- To assist and guide the development and advancement of the commercial interests of business people and businesses in the Avondale district through a coordinated and structured promotion and planning programme.
- To foster and promote generally the welfare of the business community of Avondale.
- To capitalise on the heritage and significance of the Avondale Town Centre and to use that heritage significance as a means of establishing an identity in the area.
- To make arrangements with the Government, local authorities, the Council and/or persons, corporations or associations for the improvement of streets, reserves, playing areas and park areas, and for lighting, surfacing, and cleaning in the Avondale Town Centre.
- For the purposes and objects stated in the association rules, to administer in conjunction with the Council, or other territorial authorities having jurisdiction, the Mainstreet Funding Grant.
- To do all things as are, or may be incidental to, or conducive to, the attainment of these objects.